Thursday, April 28, 2011

Weaving, Spinning, and Dyeing, Oh my!

Sooooo, my week is being a little weird.  How's yours?  I have been busy this week with fiber arts endeavors, but I still have little to report.  Mainly because my projects are not going as smoothly as I would like.  I started a new weaving project with some of the new yarn I got this weekend, but it's not going too well.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving up.  It's just proving to be very difficult and not very fun.

I've also been spinning quite a bit.  And my hands are sore to prove it!  I've got some corriedale roving that is now 100% converted into yarn!  Yay!  I have been wondering where the names for the different types of wool come from, and I just googled it.  It turns out that the name of the wool is the name of the particular breed of sheep that the wool comes from.  And corriedale comes from a corriedale sheep which is a crossbreed from a Merino female and a Leicester or Lincoln male.  Interesting!  (Or maybe not if you aren't myself or my father.)  Anyway, as you can see, I've got almost 80 yards all wrapped up on my niddy noddy for setting.
 So, I'm now trying to decide what color to dye it.  And, after rummaging through my on-hand Kool-Aid supply, here are the options I came up with...
And I have no idea what color I should choose!  But, that can certainly wait until tomorrow, since the yarn is not even ready yet!  Hm..... decisions, decisions...

In other news, head on over to my facebook page each day to see what my favorite Etsy item of the day is!

Well, as for the good-bye and the random note today, they are one and the same.  I'm heading out because I'm going to see "Fast Five" at midnight!  Yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment