Thursday, April 21, 2011

I LOVE holidays!!!

Hello all!!!  It is officially the holiday weekend for me!  Woohoo!  I took off work tomorrow, and I am so ready for a long weekend!  And to start off, I have A LOT to report!  I've been busy in the fiber world the past couple of days, and blogging has taken a back seat.  So now, I need to catch you all up!

#1:  Just listed this awesome new scarf on Etsy!  It's one of my new faves!  Of course, it is using some of my favorite silk yarn in a new colorway...  I have named it Candy Stripe!

#2:  Here is a pic of the Kool-Aid dyed yarn.  I didn't use quite enough Kool-Aid, so it's kind of blotchy.  I guess I need to have another go at it!  But, it was a pretty successful experiment nonetheless.  Can you guess what flavor I used???
Answer:  Watermelon Cherry!  Yum!

And honestly, I've been so busy the past couple of days that I just had to go back and reread my last post to see what I had told you all last time!  Wow.

#3: Also, I wanted to follow up on a post from a while ago.  Remember when I had those major issues with unwinding my first skein?!  Well, this time around, I took a picture of the pretty skein before I started unwinding it!  Here is the photo walk through of unwinding a skein!  This is the yarn used in the Candy Stripe Infinity Scarf.  Aren't the colors beautiful?!
 Ta-Da!!!  So, there is unwinding in a nutshell.  What you can't see though is that picture #2 should be multiplied by like a thousand for how long it takes to unwind all 500 yards in a skein!

#4:  I am going yarn shopping tomorrow!!!  Yay!  And I'm hoping to pick up a stash of roving too.  So hopefully I will have some handspun yarns for sale on Etsy by the end of next week!  Get excited!

Well, that's all folks!  I should be getting to bed.  For the random note of the day... well, I can't think of one.  Hm... this is odd.  Usually I'm full of random thoughts.  Here's a pic of my favorite place in the whole wide world!  Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment