Saturday, April 9, 2011

Hodge Podge

Whew!!!  I have been busy for the past two hours!  Thomas left for work at 2:45, and since then I have been working on the blog and my new facebook page.  And it is STRENUOUS!  Trying to figure out all the codes to link stuff and add Etsy to the blog, add Etsy to facebook, add facebook to the blog, add the blog to facebook.  It's really quite ridiculous.  But I've done it, so whatever.  So, if you want, go ahead and like my facebook page.  There is now a box on the right over there, under the Etsy thing where you can like and go diretcly to my facebook page, I think.  If it doesn't work, which it very well may not, I will deal with it another day.

So, I got a sample color card in the mail yesterday.  I need to match colors for a project I'm going to start here soon, so I ordered the card to see which colors will work best with my fabric.  And, as silly as it sounds, this card really made my day!  I mean, just LOOK at the COLORS!  Aren't they so cool, arranged in a rainbow pattern.  I love it!

On another note, here is another sneak peek of what's on my loom right now.  The fabric is weaving up beautifully!  I can't wait to see the finished product.  I've got an interesting idea (I think) for finishing it.
And what's interesting is that this is the first project that I have done that before starting, I sat down and did the calculations to see how much yarn I would need.  I only bought one skein, so I wanted to make sure that I had enough to finish the project.  But the only problem is that it is weaving up so completely differently than I thought it would, so I'm sure my calculations are WAAAAY off.  So this goes to show, don't bother doing the math, it'll just be wrong anyway.  Lol.

Other news:  About a week and a half ago, I ordered more silk yarn to make that coral infinity scarf to sell on Etsy.  Then the store informed me that it was backordered (GREAT!), but it should be in anytime, so I should just wait to hear from them................. a week later, I finally decided to call.  AND, they had absolutely NO IDEA when they would get that yarn in, so they suggested that I change my order.  (Couldn't they have told me that in the first place?!)  Anyway, I already had my eye on a different colorway of yarn in the same brand and price, and thank goodness, they had that color in stock.  So, long story short, unfortunately, the coral infinity scarf won't be available for purchase for a while (which probably makes me more sad than you), BUT I have a new colorway coming in that I think I may almost like just as much!

And as if this post wasn't random enough, I have two random comments to end on:  #1 ~ I got my first heart on Etsy last night!!!  Someone anonymously hearted my ocean blue scarf!  Yay!  I was practically jumping around the room when I saw.  (I'm amused by small things.)  And #2 ~ I just walked out of the study to get my water bottle and found Lo sleeping on the scale on the bathroom floor?????  Um... ok, weird cat.  But, the darn thing moved before I could get a picture of her.  Apparently she doesn't want herself plastered all over the internet doing really weird things.  :)

Happy Saturday!  I'm off to watch chick flicks and weave!  Do something fun today!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm following with one of my various sites, personalities, whatever your call it, too. I feel like I am spending a Lot of time building up my sites and connections, too in the same ways. Every morning and night I feel like I am on the computer! But if your start the groundwork, it helps later and can always be edited, right? Today I'm catching up on a few new blogs (getting into it myself when I have the time) and connections...and like yours to start.

    I also agree with the math, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Adaptability is important!
    And.. I just also ran into (or ran out of) yarn in a project while waiting (now 3 months) for a back-order which they are telling me could take months to a year( not having said that in the beginning, when I have my own deadlines!) I'm hoping the squeaky wheel will get some grease, but may have to try to color match on my own with dying, which is not my forte...

    Meanwhile, off to the Studio today to hem some more towels that are washing as I write(or type).

    Will tune in later....

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ACL Studio and Gallery

    Yeah, I know that linking everything and doing the whole facebook page and such will help in the long run. But I just can't help but think...I could be weaving right now! Nevertheless, here I am, on the computer!

    I can not believe that your yarn is back-ordered for that long!!! Why wouldn't they just stop selling it?! That's ridiculous. I hope you find something that works to finish the project with!

    Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete