Sunday, April 17, 2011

Working Day

Hello!  I have been busy this afternoon with doing everything related to weaving, but not actually weaving... yay!  (Not!)  Well, I can't lie, I have snuck in a few minutes of weaving here and there!  Run on over to my facebook page to see what's on my loom today!

So, I've updated my projects list which takes FOREVER because I try to be as thorough as possible.  But, I also haven't done it in weeks, so I had a lot of updating to do.  I guess I should do that more often, then it wouldn't take hours.

I also did some research on dyeing roving and yarn!  (I think I'm not going to be able to slow down until I try everything there is to do with yarn!)  And I found out that you can dye with Kool-Aid!  Ha!  Who knew?!  So, I'm going to get some roving and see what I can come up with!  I've been wanting to get into dyeing, but I live in a tiny apartment, so I need something pretty easy and mess free.  So, Kool-Aid looks like a cheap and easy way to try it out!

Also, I've been working on a business card, and after a lot of browsing on the internet and playing on my computer program, here's what I've come up with for the front.  (The back will have all the useful information on it.)
What do you think?!  I kind of like it, but who knows.  I may change the whole thing tomorrow.

Well, I'm off to snack on some homemade banana bread that I just pulled out of the oven!  Yum!

Random:  Here's my favorite Etsy listing of the day!  Swimming Turtle Sea Glass Necklace from Sophia Sparkles!

3 comments:

  1. I've been doing the non-weaving stuff lately too, taking more photos, labeling and editing photos...Sometimes it seems like more work than the actual weaving, but as we are such detail oriented and orderly people, we dive into it and it makes us feel better when it's somewhat sorted out.

    Love the new business card mock-up. I might suggest you put your website on it or just a little button for Etsy to let folks know how to find you. Phone #s or addresses are good, if they are not likely to change. You want people to find you easily as well when they see your card or take it with them. They are also good to use as tags if you write on the back, because they advertise you and your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ACL Studio and Gallery

    I find the business-y stuff really boring sometimes, but I know its important, and you're right, it does feel good to get those things accomplished.

    I am planning on putting all the website stuff and contact info on the back, but I just haven't gotten that far. Honestly, the front took my HOURS to design so I was just done when I finished that last night! :) Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the business card. it looks very elegant and elegant is a word that seems to "go with" fine things such as beautiful yarn or fabric. Nice job!

    Conda

    ReplyDelete