Thursday, April 14, 2011

Purple Passion

Woohoo!  I have had a great night tonight!!!  The hubby and I had a good afternoon and dinner, then I spent the rest of the night finishing up a new scarf (pics to come tomorrow, it's hanging up to dry right now) and spinning the beautiful purple roving that I got with my spinning kit.

But, first of all, to follow up from last night's post, here is a photo of my very first hand spun skein of yarn!
I know, soooo impressive, right?  Just kidding.  It's super tiny, too small to weave anything with, but I'm proud of it nonetheless!  The purple, however... I am IN LOVE with!  Here's a pic of that all wound on the spindle.
Doesn't it look so shiny and pretty?!  It's part merino and part silk, so I'm sure I'm going to love it!  I can't wait to unwind it off the spindle to see how many yards I got.  Also, it definitely turned into a thick/thin yarn because it's probably going to take me a while to figure out how to get the roving really smooth and even.  But this stuff was a dream to work with.  I seriously want more!!!

Well, that's all for tonight.  I've got to figure out what new project I'm going to start tomorrow and play with the cat some more.  She gets really bossy and loud when she doesn't get played with at night.  Silly girl.

Random note of the day:  She has this spot where she sits looking out the window, and sometimes when I walk into the room she swivels her head around.  And when she does that, she looks just like a skein of coal black yarn with a head on top.  But, every time I try to get a picture of her like that, she moves before the camera is ready.  No fear though, someday I will get a photo and post it on here for all of you to marvel at.  Lol.  (I think it's bed time, i"m getting a little more loony than usual!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment