Saturday, April 2, 2011

Etsy Shop!!!

Hello again...  I am excited to announce that my Etsy shop is NOW ONLINE!!!  Get excited!  So far, I've only got two things listed, so don't expect much, but I'm just taking my time, figuring out the process, and trying to enjoy it rather than freaking out.  I've been working on it for weeks now, and it was just such a daunting task.  I've read like a billion forums of info on Etsy that have tips for beginners, etc, etc, and I finally just wanted to get going.  But, if you ever see anything on here that you'd like to buy, but it's not listed on Etsy, just let me know, and I can add it or something.  So, without further ado, feel free to run on over to Etsy and check out my whole two items!!! (sarcasm)  But don't worry, I will be adding new items slowly but surely.

The shop is called Project 31 Fiber Arts, and the url is etsy.com/shop/project31fiberarts.  And what's with the name?  Well, I am so glad you asked!  It took me a long time to figure out a name for my shop because I'm one of those people who likes names to mean something.  And I wanted to pick a name that I could be happy with if I'm in this for a while.  So, after much dedicated soul searching and daydreaming (once again with the sarcasm), I came up with Project 31 Fiber Arts.  And the inspiration for the name comes from none other than Proverbs chapter 31, the chapter about the wife of noble character.  Now, if you've read this chapter in the Bible, you will know that there are many ways to be a wife of noble character, but this is just my personal way of reminding myself of what it takes.  Weaving is obviously my favorite hobby right now, but thinking about this chapter reminds me that I should be as diligent and eager about all the tasks I bear as a wife...like that big pile of dirty dishes sitting next to the sink.  ;)  And I'm not saying that wives have to do all the chores and husbands go to work, sometimes, things just don't happen like that, and that's ok.  But I should be ready and willing for all the tasks God sets before me, not just the ones I want to do.  Sorry, I'm getting a little preachy.  I guess it just goes to show that God can convict you any time... even when blogging!  Anyway, I'm excited about the name.  And it will still work if I ever decide to open up a yarn shop (which I'm really hoping might come true someday).

So, enough blabber.  Let's end with a random photo today...
 This is a photo of Lo from a while back.  My husband and I were visiting his parents for the weekend, and we always take Lo with us.  When we got back from dinner that night, Lo was sleeping inside my bag, and when she heard us, she just popped her head out to say hello!  Isn't she adorable?!

And, just like last week, you can see what I do with my weekend evenings... sit at home and weave!  Well, I better go, I hear dishes calling my name!

1 comment: