Monday, August 1, 2011

Fine. Ok. Hi.

Well, obviously, I haven't blogged recently...  So now, I guess I feel guilty enough to sit down and write this up.  Acutally, I just had a blogging epiphany that spurred me over to blogger.  What I really need to do is sit down for five minutes a day and just write a short blog post.  Then, I would be able to blog more often because my posts would be so close together that I wouldn't have much to say.  But unfortunately, I was a history major... so that means that anytime I sit down to write or type anything, my brain jumps into essay mode.  Aka: must be no less than three paragraphs with seven to ten sentences per paragraph, constantly check spelling and grammar for correctness, use the thesaurus to find enormous words that mean the same thing as ordinary, everyday language but just sound more pompous... you get the idea.  And I believe this paragraph length is sufficient.

And j.s.y.k. (which means "just so you know", which I said so often at my previous job that we decided I needed a t-shirt that said "JSYK".  So, Carrie or Cassie, I hope you read this, and get a laugh from that)... Anyway, jsyk, Thomas and I watched "Top Gear" tonight (the British version), so I've still got their British accents and hilarious ways of explaining things stuck in my head.  So, if I say something that's a little off, just disregard.

Well, one of the main reasons I have not blogged recently is that I had band camp at my new school last week.  So from 8am to 5:30pm all last week, I was hanging out with 100 high school students in the 90+ degree heat under the blazing Florida sun...  And when I got home, I ate dinner and promptly fell asleep.  So, yeah.  The great thing was that the band kids and director are great!  And, being the assistant director and being brand new to the school, my main job was to just help out... well, and try to memorize over 100 names and faces immediately... hah!  (I maybe know about 25-30, and that's only when they're holding their instruments!  Oh well!)

So, the first day for teachers is on Wednesday (yikes!).  And of course, they start everyone off with a breakfast in the cafeteria on Wednesday morning.  Really?!  So I'm not even a high school student anymore and I still have to walk into the cafeteria on the first day and wonder who I'm going to sit with... boo.  And for those of you who don't know me... I don't make friends very easily.  I HATE walking into a room and having to find someone to sit with when I know pretty much no one.  You might as well make me run through said room in a gorilla costume because I wouldn't be any more nervous about that than just having to find someone to sit with.  So, yay.  At least we get the hardest part out of the way first... hopefully.  (Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that I don't even really know where the cafeteria is in my new school!  So I get to go to the front office first and ask where I'm going and how to get there... yippee!)  Anyway, enough with the downer mood... let's find something happy to talk about...

THE BEACH!!!  YAY!!!  So, Thomas and I have been to the beach three times in the last two weeks!  Yay!!!  And each time, we've been to a different beach!  Lol!  I think we're just going to go up and down the coast to try out all the nearby beaches to find our favorite!  We went to a really beautiful one on Saturday.  Here's a pic:
Isn't it gorgeous?!  The water was so blue!  Love it!

So I think we're going again tomorrow, on my last official day of summer!  I'm pretty sure the beach will be a weekly occurrence for us now!  Isn't that amazing?!  I'm stoked!

My washer and dryer arrived on time on Tuesday!  Thomas and I were just hanging out (Thomas was napping), when I heard a big truck in the parking lot.  So I ran to the window, and looked out... And it was the truck carrying our brand new washer and dryer on it!!!  I immediately ran back to the bed, "THOMAS!!! THOMAS!!!  Our washer and dryer are here!!!  GET UP!!!"  I was so excited!  I am so excited!  I no longer need quarters to do laundry.  And I can just throw a load in whenever I want.  And I only have to step out onto the patio to get to them!  YAY!!!  And Lo loves laundry time, because that means she gets to come out on the patio too!  Its all screened in, so she could really be out there by herself, but its too hot to leave the door open.  And I really don't want to take the risk of forgetting about her while she's out there and leaving her out in the heat.  So, when she hears the door opening, she comes running!  (That was a bit of a digression wasn't it?!)  Hm... reminds me of Beowulf...

Well, it is now 10:17 Eastern time, and I am going to bed!  Have I been random enough for this post?  Hm... not sure, so here's one more thing... hold on, I've gotta think of something random... oh, ok.  So, we have cable again, and I really have mixed feelings about it.  Because we have the cable, but not DVR, so Thomas' life once more revolves around what's on tv.  This week its "Shark Week"... which means the tv is on. period.

(And I just went through and proofread this post.  And there was a typo or something I wanted to change, but by the time I got to the bottom of the post, I forgot what it was.  And now I'm too tired to figure out what it was again.  Oh well, I guess.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment