Monday, August 22, 2011

So, yeah... Hurricane Anyone?!

So.  Basically, I don't watch the news.  Never have, probably never will.  Most of the time it's pretty much because I don't feel like getting angry and depressed all at the beginning of the day.  So, usually my morning routine consists of hopping on the Weather Channel online and checking the daily forecast.  Lately, however, I haven't even been doing that because I already know the answers to my two questions...  Is it going to be hot today?  Most definitely.  Is it gonna rain?  Yup, probably!  So, this morning when I got to work (school) and checked my school email, there was an email about a hurricane!  Apparently, Hurricane Irene is in the Caribbean at the moment and is due to hit our area sometime Thursday.  Oh... ok!  So, maybe I should start watching the weather or something!

Anyway, the school I work at is apparently a shelter for when there are hurricanes, and apparently, we are one of the first shelters that open if/when a hurricane does threaten the area.  So, if we even get close to hurricane status, school will be closed at some point.  Huh.  SO... since the hurricane is supposed to be here on Thursday, the school went ahead and moved Friday night's football game to WEDNESDAY so that we won't miss it, just in case.  SOOOO, since I am the assistant marching band director, I have to be at the football game all night Wednesday, and then, get up and go to school on Thursday and Friday too!  Really?!  I don't think I can handle a football game in the middle of the week!  I mean, this is NOT my first football game, but it is my first one where I have a little bit of adult responsibility.  So, yeah.  Anyway, since they went ahead and moved the football game, I just know that we're going to have school on Thursday and Friday (not that I'm hoping for a hurricane to devastate the area or anything) and I'm going to be exhausted and dead by Friday!  Anyway...

For those of you who occasionally read because you want to hear about weaving, sorry... the loom hasn't even made it out of the box yet.  And unfortunately, it might be a while.  Even though I'm really jonesing to sit down and weave a pretty summer scarf...  boo.

Well, to end, here are the videos for my new fave Taylor Swift songs.  (Yes, I am 23, a teacher, and I still like Taylor Swift.)

Happy Monday... NOT!  Lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment