Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Make my Day

Have you ever heard one of those songs?  One of those songs that just makes the world stop?  One of those songs that just has a hold over you?  That can just completely change your mood, your day, your life?  For the past week, this song has been making my day...  "Your Love is a Song" by Switchfoot

Amazing, right?  This song has had a hold over me for about a week now, and I have yet to see an end in sight.  And I don't mind that at all.

On a lighter note, Thomas and I went to two new beaches today and we started a new collection of shells.  I'm too lazy to go take a picture of them right now, so I will try to do that tomorrow... they're really cool though!  The beaches were great!  The second one, which was called Ocean Park (nice name for a park that's right by the ocean... der) was probably my favorite so far.  Except for this one time when we were hanging out in the water, probably 15 feet from shore, and an entire school of fish (I SWEAR there were at least 50 fish) came jumping out of the water like 2 feet from us.  I screamed like a 15 year old girl!  And then Thomas decided we should get out of the water because who knows what scared them.  And can you guess why he was this worried?  Yep, that's right.  It's Shark Week, so of course, he was thinking shark.

So, today was my last official day of summer.  And it was a good day.

Random: Last night I watched "Beastly"... And I know what you're thinking, "What are you, 12?"  Well, yes, yes, apparently I am.  And I would like to say, it was not terrible.  Of course, I am a sucker for super cheesy and the Beauty and the Beast.  So, if you're not 12 also, you probably shouldn't waste your time.  However, Thomas and I went to see "Cowboys and Aliens" on Sunday, and it was a quality movie.  Lots of funny lines and scenes that make you (or maybe just me) jump.  And it was a good story.  Definitely not a bad way to spend two hours and 15 bucks.  Just thought you might like to know!  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment