Thursday, August 25, 2011

"No, I'm NOT a student!"

So, what is the one thing that has happened to me the most in the past month?!  People thinking that I'm a student, not a teacher.  Sad face... lol.  So really, I don't mind that much because I am only 23, and I do kinda look like a 16 year old.  However, when you're wearing dress pants, heels, and a nice top, carrying around a clipboard and a set of keys, if you were a teacher, don't you think you'd take a closer look before yelling at me?  I mean really, I know I look young, but how many high school students dress like business professionals?  And here's the problem I'm struggling with:  I don't want to change who I am just because I got a new job.  I know, of course, automatically, I step up and be the adult instead of laughing at the jokes kids tell; I know looking professional is just part of the job; I know a new job is huge life change.  However, I've already adapted my clothing style A LOT to fit school dress codes (I don't even wear inappropriate things, but I've had to start dressing older than I am), and I'm being an adult.  Do I really have to go even further?  I don't want to dress all frumpy and get a short haircut to make me look older and act like a mom all the time.  Because I'm NOT.  But where's the line?  Am I still too much like a student?  I don't know.  Heaven knows I'm a thousand times more comfortable on the other side of a classroom (sitting in a student desk) so I'm sure I'm over analyzing it all, but... I just don't know. 

Anyway... the moral of the story is...  Mrs. Bernard is NOT a student!  Lol.

As you can probably tell, I am just tired and stressed out and going a bit kookoo!  So, I'm going to stop dawdling and get ready for bed!

P.S.  I miss my loom.  Could somebody lend me some extra time so that I can weave this weekend?  Lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment