Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The B-I-G Announcement

Hey everyone!  I have an announcement to make!!!  Are you ready?!  (I bet not!)  Ok...


WE'RE MOVING TO FLORIDA!!!!!!!!!!


AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!  Can you believe it?!  I almost can't!  But it's TRUE!!!  I'm so excited that I can't even figure out what to say!  So, here's the story...
As some of you may know, I double majored in French and History in college.  So, kind of on a whim, I applied for a French teaching position at a high school in Florida.  And, long story short, a lot of things went right, and they offered me the job!!!  So, I will be the new French and World History teacher, and also the assistant band director!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So, in about three weeks, Thomas and I are packing up and moving to the East coast.  And the best part is... we will be living our entire lives 10 minutes away from the BEACH!!!!!!!

And for those of you who don't actually know me, it has been a life-long dream of mine to live at the beach, so this is 100% a dream come true!  And remember how last week, I told you that Cocoa Beach is my heart's second home?  Well, we will be living in the Melbourne/ Palm Bay area which is pretty much the next town South of Cocoa Beach!  So, I'm finally coming home.  As the movie "The Mechanic" observes, "your heart's telling you that you're homesick for a place you've never been."  And even though I have been there, I am homesick for the beach all the time.  Everything just feels right when I step onto that sand and smell the sea and watch the waves crash on the shore.  Just the way it feels right when Thomas holds me in his arms.  And so, I could not be happier that this is God's plan for us right now.

So, that's my big news!  And now I'm just freaking out, trying to figure out all the details.  Even though I know that God has it all worked out, I just can't help but worry.  This is definitely a huge test of my trust in Him, because I see so many things that could go wrong in front of me, but I know He will work it out in His perfect way.  But still, I keep waiting for something to go wrong or wake up to find it was all a dream.  But no, it's REAL!

So, obviously this will bring about some big changes in my weaving world.  For one thing, my shop is going to have to be shut down until I get get everything moved over to Florida... which may be a while since I will have lesson plans to make, homework to grade, not to mention band practice and Friday night football games!  So, my life is getting really crazy, and I'm just along for the ride!  So please, bear with me, there will probably be a gap in the fiber arts for a little while, but I'm pretty sure I can more than fill that gap with all my personal musings.  ;)

Speaking of lesson plans and such... I should probably be doing that instead of this... so...

Random (or not so random) quote:  "Every dreamer knows that it is entirely possible to be homesick for a place you've never been to, perhaps more homesick than for familiar ground."  ~Judith Thurman   (So true!)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! I hope that you find your new home in Florida to be everything you dreamed and more. Best of luck on the moving and getting settled in part. ~Annie

    ReplyDelete