Monday, June 6, 2011

Ready... OK!

Alright, here is your long-awaited update on my to do list progress!  Since I know you have been sitting at your computer all weekend waiting... lol.  Anyway, I'm pretty sure I've added more to my to do list than I have scratched off, but nevertheless, here are some things I have done:

~Finished up my bday list and got it emailed to everyone... I had a really hard time thinking of ANYTHING that was not related to weaving or spinning to put on there... oh well, I guess.
~The dyed yarn is done!  So, here are pics:
 So, this first one is a skein of Corriedale yarn that I spun and dyed back around Easter, and I just never got around to blogging about it... obviously.  The color is not quite right in the photo, its really more of a mulberry, rich purple with a just a hint to red to it.  The color is a combination of Black Cherry and grape kool-aid!  Oh, and I would like to add that directly after I spun this yarn, I did the math to figure out how many yards I came out with.  And, what did I do after that?  I promptly forgot the number.  Yup.  That's how I roll.  And apparently I am too lazy to go back through and count again... I probably should though... darn...
And this is one of this weekend's creations!  I dyed this and the rovings which you will see when you scroll down farther using the same three colors, but I dyed them completely differently, and got completely different results!  This was dyed in a skein of already spun yarn, and I used my three different colors of kool-aid, and just splashed them on however and wherever I felt like it.  So the skein is very unpredictable; the colors are very pastel, and blend together quite nicely.  Colors include: baby pink, white, sky blue, lavender, and medium pink.  I kind of like it.  And I think it might look nice in a baby's hat or accessory which is good since it is bound for a crocheter who makes baby accessories!  This is 120 yards of thick-thin yarn.  (I wrote this number down on a big post-it and stuck it on my to do list so I wouldn't lose it!!!)

~The dyed roving is all dry, and I am currently in the process of spinning it up!  Here are the in progress pics!
 Here is a pic of the roving laid out on the table just after being painted.  This process was extremely messier than the website suggested it would be.  I now have some lovely new electric blue stains on my kitchen table that I am slowly scrubbing away at.  Any way, the red is a combination or strawberry kiwi, cherry, and strawberry.  The electric blue is ice blue raspberry lemonade (love it!).  And the darker blue is berry blue (I think).  The electric blue is my fave!
And here are the rovings hanging up to dry.  I painted two different colorways (the other one was already rolled up is the last picture).
And here is some I've just spun on my spindle!  I'm thinking its name will be Tropical Punch.  Or something like that.

~Went tanning again... got burnt again...
~Did the laundry, cleaned the apartment, etc. (not on my to do list)

And I added a bunch of things to it... boo.  Anyway, I have made zero progress on the headbands.  I don't know why, but I just don't want to do them.  I wish I had two looms so that I could just do another project instead.  But I don't, so I have to finish this before I can make anything else... boo.

Well, for today's random note, I have a shout out to a fellow blogger and Etsian.  One of my favorite blogs to read is Cut, Paste, Repeat by Rachel Pfeffer.  I just love reading about her adventures in jewelry making and in life.  And this week, she is Etsy's featured seller!  Congrats Rachel!  You can read her Etsy interview here or go check out her blog.  Trust me, its always fun to read!

I'm off to go play with my lonely kitty!

0 comments:

Post a Comment