Friday, June 3, 2011

To Do

I love lists.  I love making them, reading them, crossing things off of them, adding things on... I love lists!  I was at a bookstore last week, looking at the gorgeous leather journals, and I found a journal that was entirely comprised of making lists... and I ALMOST bought it.  I did, however, sit in the store and flip through every single page to see what all the list categories were.  It was like a figure-out-more-about-yourself-just-from-making-lists journal!!!  So, in my list of lists I like to make, to do lists are right up there in the top ranking.  And tonight, I have one honking to do list!  Since I was thoroughly committed to sitting around moping last night, I suddenly felt like I just HAD to be productive tonight.  (It might also have something to do with the fact that its Friday, and I don't have to go to work again for three whole days!!!)  Anyway, I thought I might share my to do list here so that I will hopefully be more likely to actually do the things on it!  So here goes!!!

"Friday and Saturday To Do List"
~Write up birthday list (my birthday is in the beginning of July, and since almost everything I want will have to be ordered online, I'm trying to be pro-active about it!)
     -Email to mom, mother-in-law, and hubby
~Dye Roving  (Already simmering in the pot!!!  I'm really nervous about how its going to turn out.)
~Dye Yarn  (Simmering along with the roving!  Yikes!)
~Spin Roving (once its done dyeing and dry of course, so that will probably be a Saturday night thing)
~Update facebook page (because it sorely needs it)
~Do the dishes (Yay!  Already done!!!  I hate hate hate doing dishes, so I started with them... though that's probably not a great way to get me inspired.  However, the iHome is right next to the sink, so the upside is that I can be a major karaoke superstar while I'm muddling away with the dishes.)
~Blog (doing that now  :)  But I'm also going to try and keep you updated on my progress!)
~Take a walk (Yes, it may be 95 degrees in Missouri, but I still need to exercise to get my lazy butt in shape.)
~Go tanning (The beach is getting close and I'm still super white!)
~Update iPod (Did this before I did the dishes in order to inspire my fabulous karaoke and dancing around the kitchen, flinging suds onto the floor)  :))))
~Pay bills (yuck)
~Balance the check book (double yuck)
~Finish those stinkin headbands!!!

So, there it is, for all the world to see, so that when I think about not bothering to do something on it, everyone will know...  let's see if that makes any difference in my productivity.

Well, since I'm being productive, the iPod is blasting, and because I know that you are just dying to find out what I'm listening to, I will give you a sampling!
 30 Seconds to Mars - "Vox Populi", "A Beautiful Lie", "This is War", "Kings and Queens"
Katy Perry - "Last Friday Night", "Teenage Dream", "Firework"
Paramore - "Brick by Boring Brick", "Ignorance", "Decode"
Ke$ha - "Your Love is My Drug"
Sara Bareilles - "Bottle it Up", "Love Song"
Wakey!Wakey! - "Almost Everything"
The Script - "For the First Time"
Leona Naess - "All the Stars"
Superchick - "Stand in the Rain", "Hey Hey", "Hold", "bowling ball"

And yes, I do know how completely random my playlist is, but that's just how I do it!  But, the song of the day, by far, is..........  "King of Anything" by Sara Bareilles.  I cannot stop listening to this song!  Here's the music video so you can enjoy it too!

I think this post was random enough!  Happy Friday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment