Friday, March 4, 2011

Unproductive Week

Hello dear void.  So, this week has been pretty unproductive in the weaving world for me.  My husband's been working days mostly, so when he's home with me in the evenings, of course, we hang out.  So, I haven't gotten much done.  But that's ok with me!  (Also, I'm off work tomorrow, and he's at work all day so I guess I know what I'll be doing... bring on the cheesy chick flick and yarn!)

Anyway, I have done a few small tasks.  Number 1: photograph my last two projects (yay!), so here they are!
The idea for this one came from Jane Patrick's book that I mentioned a couple of posts ago (The Weaver's Idea Book).  She gives a pattern, but of course I didn't actually follow a lot of it.  It's pretty cool with the gathered ruffley things.  It's woven pretty tightly (not the plan), so it still needs a few washes before it limbers up to where I'll really love it.

And this is the eyelash scarf I have been working on.  I'll tell ya, it was way more work off the loom than on.  I wove this sucker up in about two hours, but it's taken me FOREVER to finish it.  I don't love the knots, but there's not really much I can do to change that now.  I guess I'll have to keep it in mind for next time.  But, I LOVE the colors.  Aren't they so rich?!

Number 2:  I inventoried my yarn stash.  So, now if I finish something off, I will know exactly what it was, where I bought it and how much it cost.  Why will I ever need to know that? I dunno, but I love inventories.  (Yup, I know, I'm weird.)

Um... number 3: I have a plan for documenting all my work in a better way.  Have I put this plan into action? ...no... um... moving on.

So, I got a new pair of shoes in the mail today, and I opened the box and guess what I found?!
Just kidding.  But she did jump in just as soon as I got the shoes out, and she's been napping in there ever since.  It's ridiculous really.  She's just like a child.  You buy them a nice, plush, comfy bed to lay in, and they sleep in boxes and on pieces of paper you throw on the floor.  Really.  Awesome.

Anyway, as if that isn't silly enough, another randomness to end on... did anyone catch the "You've Got Mail" reference at the beginning of this post?  (I love that movie!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment