Sunday, February 27, 2011

Catching Up

So, it is a Sunday night, and I'm doing what I do almost every night... sitting at home, watching a movie, and weaving!  (I'm a crazy partier, right?!)  Anyway, I thought I would take a break and post some more photos of projects I have made so far. Enjoy!

This is probably my favorite project so far.  The colored yarns are a silk/bamboo blend and they are amazingly soft and silky.  You can't really tell from the photo, but the darkest stripe is a beautiful mulberry color.  Love it!

And this pair is a hand towel and wash cloth made from 100% cotton.  (My first project that wasn't a scarf!)  They turned out pretty well even though I was winging it.  Lol!

And this last one is a very light, summery scarf.  For this I used four different colors of blue and just warped the colors randomly.  I love the twisted fringe on the bottom; I think it gives it a nice finish.

And lastly, here are some photos of what I have been working on tonight!  I'm not really making anything, I am just working on a sampler of a bunch of different stiches.  So far I've played around with Danish Medallions and Leno Lace.  I'm using really bright, contrasting yarns so that it looks cool and so that I can figure out what I did wrong when I mess up!

This one is the Danish Medallions.  The top row is a plain version, and the other two are different variations.

Here is the Leno.  There are like a billion variations of this (and the Danish Medallions), so you can pretty much make up whatever you want to do to create a bunch of different looks.  Either of these can make really cool fabrics, or they can just add an interesting trim to something.  (I'm thinking that the Leno would make wonderful light, airy curtains...hm ... I think we may see more of this in the near future!)

Anyway, photos of the eyelash scarf are coming soon.  I'm just trying to figure out what to do with the fringe; they're kind of plain and ugly right now.  So I will post pics when it's all finished and pretty.  Well, with these photos, I am almost all caught up on documenting all of the projects I have made so far!  Oh, and I got some new storage for my yarn today... I should have taken a before picture of my yarn drawer; it was absolutely bursting!  So I bought two plastic drawer things today, and all of my yarn still doesn't fit in them!  I guess I will have to buy more, the only problem is that I still have to make room for them in my tiny apartment.  Oh well, I guess!

And, something silly to end on... hm... well, I guess it is silly enough to say that I am once again reading The Chronicles of Narnia!  And, I am currently on The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (which is BY FAR my favorite), so I am going to put away all my weaving gear and go read!  Yay!  (Once again, I'm such a partier!  Good thing my husband knew I was a nerd before he married me!)  So, I'm off to Narnia!  Good night blog!

(Just kidding... Another something silly:  So I titled this post "Catching Up" and now all I can think about is the line from "Pirates of the Caribbean: the Curse of the Black Pearl" when Jack Sparrow is steering the ship through a frightful storm to the Isla de Muerta.  Mr. Gibbs asks him why he's in such a good mood, and Sparrow replies with a wicked smile, "We're catching up."  So, that is just running over and over in my head right now.  RANDOM!!!)

2 comments:

  1. So I love the stuff you've made! I am still working on crocheting a baby blanket for Lyla, and she's 4. I started before she was born. Maybe it's not one of my favorite hobbies, lol, but I wish I was better at it. I want to crochet little star wars dolls:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/62814128/patterns-for-star-wars-mini-amigurumi?ref=sr_gallery_2&ga_search_query=star+wars+crochet&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet=
    do you have a store on etsy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Annie

    Thanks Annie! I would really love to learn how to crochet or knit, but I tried to teach myself and failed miserably. I guess I need a class or something. Those Star Wars dolls are so cute! I don't have a store on Etsy, I've been thinking about setting one up but just haven't gotten around to it yet. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete