Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"Chicka Chicka Boom Boom, Will There Be Enough Room?"

(Quoted from Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault)

Well, last night a had a nightmare... (Before I start this story, I must warn you that I have very random dreams that are very detailed and complicated and just totally weird me out sometimes, but I will give you the short version today)  So, I had this dream.  And to preface: my parents are coming to town on Saturday to help us load the 16 foot moving truck with all of our belongings.  So, in my dream, my mom and I were taking a walk while Thomas and my dad went to pick up the moving truck.  All was fine until we got back from our walk, and lo and behold... our moving truck was a fifteen passenger van!!!  So, I started crying hysterically, and the one line I remember from the dream was, "Our couch won't even fit in there!"  And the funny part is, we're not even that attached to our couch.  Just tonight actually, after I was telling that story to Thomas, we decided that if everything didn't fit, we would pitch the couch first.  But, before last night, I really hadn't worried about whether or not all of our stuff was going to fit into a 16 foot truck, but now...  I'm not so sure.  So, maybe we can all hope together that my dream is not indicative of how Saturday is going to go! (And this morning, when I was getting ready for work and planning out this blog post, somehow, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom popped into my head, and I am very excited about how it fits as a title.  I LOVED this book as a kid!)

So, only two more days!  Wow!  And I haven't gotten anything done yesterday or today, so now I'm feeling behind.  Yuck.  So, I should probably stop writing this post, which has no more interesting or uninteresting information to impart...  but...  It's nice to just sit down for a few minutes.

OOOHHH!  I should tell you the other interesting (HORRIBLE) part of my night.  Well, last night when Thomas and I were going to bed, a cicada decided that it enjoyed sitting on top of our air conditioner (we have a wall air conditioner in our bedroom, so the cicada was sitting on it on the outside).  He wasn't too loud, so we were both able to get to sleep alright.  But at 1:30 AM, he decided to have a stinkin' songfest!!!  And of course, I'm the light sleeper, so it woke me up right away, and it was immediately driving me NUTS!!!  So, I started banging on the air conditioner to make him go away.  However, apparently, Thomas was still asleep before this, so he got mad at me that I woke him up.  And I got mad at him because if I didn't get the bug off the air conditioner, I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.  So, we were both tired and angry, so we came out to the living room, and I turned on "Beauty and the Beast" (my go to Disney movie, and since I know it by heart, sometimes it helps me sleep) to try and drown out the noise.  But, it didn't work, and I was just frustrated that we were kicked out of our bed by a BUG.  So I went to bang on the air conditioner some more.  And... about 45 minutes later, I FINALLY WON!  So, I woke Thomas up again, and we went back to bed.  And the moral of the story is: cicadas are evil.  Lol.

So we just had a *great* night all around.  Yay.  Anyway, I should probably go now.  Ok.  Bye.

Random:  ONLY TWO MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment