Friday, July 8, 2011

Can I Please Sleep Through This?

To say that the past few weeks have been an emotional roller coaster would be an extreme understatement.  But, I had it all under control... until yesterday.  And you may have noticed from yesterday's post that I was (ahem) in a slightly bad mood.  Yesterday just jumped on top of me and pounded me into the ground... and then kept going.  So many things shook my very fragile self control, and I just lost it.  You see, since this whole process started, I have been closer to God than I have been in a while.  This is taking so much faith and trust that I am constantly in prayer about something.  And I know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that this is God's plan for me and Thomas.  I have not had any doubt about that since the first moment we prayed about it after I was offered the job.  And along the way, God has so blatantly opened and shut doors that it is so clear that He is 100% shoving us down the right path.  I mean, He has just slammed a couple of doors for us, and He has thrown so many open and pretty much thrown us through the door.  He knows that we are trusting Him to lead us on our path, and He could not be anymore obvious unless He audibly spoke.  But yesterday, my confidence in all of that shattered.  The devil was absolutely determined to make me doubt what God is doing in our lives, and he succeeded.  Last night was a pretty low night.  But... the Lord is faithful, and He has not given up on me.  Today, I am just as stressed out, but I once again have no doubts about our path.  I wish that I could say that the devil couldn't get to me, but he did.  I am pretty weak in the faith area, so this experience is really growing me in that area.  And partly, I think I just really needed to cry.  Sometimes you just have to get it all out.  However, today I am extremely exhausted.  So, I think I'm going to start off my birthday by sleeping all day tomorrow!  :)

Ok, enough with the heavy!  I would like all of you to know that I have the absolute best husband in the world.  I don't care how awesome you think your husband is, mine is better... hands down!  ;)  Well, since we are going through this really sudden and expensive move, I told Thomas that we weren't going to celebrate my birthday with any presents right now.  But... he just couldn't help himself, so he found a very budget friendly way to get me a wonderful present!  Today, on my lunch break from an absolutely crazy day at work, he took me to Barnes & Noble and told me to pick out any journal I wanted.  (He knew I'd been wanting a beautiful journal for a while, but just hadn't gotten one yet.)  So, he managed to get me a wonderful birthday present on a very tight budget!  Awwwwww.
So here's my beautiful new journal!  Thanks honey!  I love you!

So, this is the start of the packing weekend.  Here we go!

Random: I watched "Wicker Park" two nights ago.  And it has been forever since I've seen that movie, but I have never forgotten how amazing it is.  It is a wonderful, yet annoying love story.  And it is a story about how you will never get over or forget "the one".  Watch it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment