Thursday, February 24, 2011

Sneak Peek

Today I thought I would share a sneak peek of a new project I'm working on and a book that I just love!!!

Sneak peek first:
This is my first project with an eyelash yarn, and the colors are just AMAZING!  So, I'm pretty excited about it!  It should be finished later tonight or tomorrow, so I guess we will see if I like it pretty soon.

And now for the book!  I have bought three books since I got my loom, and this one is BY FAR my favorite!
 
As you can see in the photo, the book is called The Weaver's Idea Book: Creative Cloth on a Rigid Heddle Loom by Jane Patrick.  This book is a MUST HAVE for anyone with a rigid heddle loom.  Here are a few of the great things it has to offer:
  1.  IT IS SPIRAL BOUND!!!  I know this sounds silly, but it is actually amazing!  When you're working on a project or learning a new pattern or stitch, it stays open to the page you need all by itself!  This is so convenient compared to a regular book that you have to open and close over and over again because it won't stay open.  Absolutely WONDERFUL!
  2. I haven't tried about 99.9% of the projects and stitches, etc. in the book, but I have read through most of it, and Jane Patrick does a great job of easily explaining everything.  There are also very helpful step-by-step photos to go along with the explanations.  Super user-friendly.
  3. Not only does Ms. Patrick teach a bajillion different stitches to weave on a rigid heddle loom, she follows that new knowledge up with project ideas and patterns to let you try out what you've just learned!
This book is amazing.  Like I said, if you have a rigid heddle loom, you need this book!

Well, I would like to get back to weaving, so this is the end for today.  Something silly/random: it is my husband's birthday today, and I've been writing this up while he plays with his birthday present.  And since he is this blog's only "follower", HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY!!!

If you've read this, thanks for reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment