Sunday, January 15, 2012

Inspiration... A Curse Sometimes

 Here is one of the highlights of my weekends.  Along with spending unlimited quantities of time with my husband, baking breakfast before church every Sunday, and sleeping in, I absolutely love the quiet afternoons when the sun shines in the windows illuminating the room with the pure light that can only come from one source.  However... the light in my brain is not so peaceful.  :)

Right now, I feel like my inspiration is a curse.  I have so many projects on my mind, and so little time on my hands.  Now that Christmas break is over, its back to my normal, crazy schedule.  But, I still haven't gotten to enjoy most of my Christmas gifts.  So, what's a girl to do?  I know that the situation is usually reversed with too much time, and not enough inspiration and materials, but the opposite is almost just as bad.  I have all these great ideas bouncing around and a plethora of materials to use, but no time!  So, as I am greatly enjoying this three day weekend, I'm trying to get my thoughts in order.  Maybe I will share some of my ideas with you in the near future, but today, I have pictures of some of the aforementioned Christmas gifts!!!
Behold, my brand new Turkish Drop Spindle!!!  I didn't buy a Turkish spindle for my first one mostly because I really had no idea what they actually were.  But now that I know what they are and have played around with mine, I am super excited!  The two things that I haven't really liked about the spinning process is that my spindle doesn't hold very much yarn and that I have to unwind it into a skein or something when I'm done.  And this spindle will solve both of those problems!!!  I've experimented with it a little by spinning two yarns together (I wanted to get the hang of it a little before I tried some roving.), but now I'm really excited to start spinning one of my other Christmas gifts!
 Voila, next gift!!!  This is some gorgeous electric blue roving that my husband picked out ALL BY HIMSELF for me!  Isn't he amazing?!  It's super soft, and I can't wait to see what it looks like as yarn!
And lastly for today, this is some beautiful roving that my parents-in-law got me!  So, I have some great projects to start spinning... so little time!  :(

Happy long weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment