Saturday, December 3, 2011

Endings...Bittersweet

Endings are a very bittersweet subject for me.  On one hand you have the night falling on a perfect day and the next day is Monday.  The final and perfect scene of the best movie in the world.  Pulling into the parking lot at work in the morning when you were secretly hoping the drive would go on forever.  The moment when the screen goes black and "LOST" appears at the end of every single episode except the very last one.  The last page of The Chronicles of Narnia which almost always makes me cry.  Because on one hand, you have the close of something so wonderful that it cannot possibly be topped by whatever happens to be coming next and you so wish it could just go on forever, never ending.

However, you also have the other side.  When the lights dim and a hush comes into the theater; the wait is over; the movie begins.  Pulling into the parking lot of your hotel on the beach for vacation after 20 hours of driving.  The final bell at school on a Friday.  Turning in the last assignment for an ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) course that has basically been the bane of your existence for three months.  :)

Yes!  I'm pretty sure I never blogged about my ESOL course because I just hated it so much.  Every teacher in Florida has to take one of these classes in order to be officially certified, and it is awful!  Especially as a first year teacher when I'm barely able to keep my head above water anyway.  But, this post is not a complaint, it is a celebration!  I turned in my final assignment super late last night, and it was a momentous and joyous ending!!!  Yay!!!

So today, Thomas and I (mostly I) are baking some Christmas goodies for a Christmas party tonight.  And I just love baking!!!  So, I'm really excited even though I'm pretty sure Thomas is dreading it more than not.  The only sad thing is that we don't have any Christmas decorations.  Somehow, they all got left at Thomas' parents' house when we moved.  I'm trying to put on a happy face about it, but its really killing me.  I mean, this is our first Christmas in Florida; its 75 degrees outside so it doesn't really feel like Christmas is coming (though I'm not complaining about the warm weather).  And I'm feeling like a scrooge this year anyway because I'm busier than I ever have been and feel like I'm never going to make it to Christmas.  And it's just one more thing that we don't have any Christmas decorations.  :(

Anyway, I get to spend the day with my husband and do some festive baking.  So there are a lot of things to be thankful for!  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment