Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Bloggity Dig Diggity

Oh blog.  I am so sorry.  I'm sure you are feeling so very neglected.  Well, let me dust you off and spend some time with you again...

On an upside, my class got cancelled tonight (HALLELUJAH!!!) so I've had some time for fun instead!  Today, I got a present in the mail from myself...  Yay!!!  However, I have a few other things to update you on first.

#1:  I finished my tricolor houndstooth sampler... So here's a pic.  I tried several different patterns and widths with the warp and the weft.  And I remembered why I don't like working with cheap acrylic yarns.  Yuck.  Anyway, I do like that I have a sample to look at when I want to do something with houndstooth.

#2:  I've got a new project already warped and almost finished on the loom.  And... you guessed it: it's houndstooth.  Lol.  My new love.  However, this is a very subtle understated scarf that I will hopefully be able to wear with anything.  Think white and cream... Pics to follow!

#3:  MY NEW TOYS!!!!!  So, I got my first ball winder and swift!!!  Yay!  So, now my skeins will be usable center pull balls of yarn in no time!
From this...

 Through this...
 And this...
To this!!!
 AWESOME!!!  I can't wait to wind some more!  (I'm going to run out of skeins really quick.  And then I'll be sad...)

But, now its time to eat the wonderful dessert that my husband just made me!  Banana pudding with Nilla wafers.  Yummy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you getting back into weaving! I hope Florida is treating you well. Hope to see your shop open again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa! We're loving Florida! If only I had more time to keep up on weaving and spinning. Summer's around the corner though!

    ReplyDelete