Sunday, October 16, 2011

Something Relating to Weaving... FINALLY!

So, this weekend I had my first full weekend off in a long time!  Yay!  So, Friday, after work I ran up to Cocoa and Merritt Island to scope out some yarn stores!  And I did not come home disappointed!  Here are the delights of my day!
First, I stopped by Knit and Stitch in Cocoa to check out their selection, and you can tell from their webiste, the tiny little store has yarn EVERYWHERE!  Floor to ceiling, wall to wall.  It was overwhelming considering that I have not even thought about my next project since I can't seem to get anywhere on my current one!  But I got the great yarns above there.  They are 100% sugar cane and unbelievably soft!  I've never worked with sugar cane before, so I'm excited to try it out!  I'm thinking about some type of lace pattern with these...

 Then I went on up to Seaside Stitching in Merritt Island for some Conjoined Creations yarn.  Since I have begun weaving, Conjoined Creations soysilk yarns have, by far, been my favorite to work with.  So, since Seaside Stitching carries it, there was no way I could pass it up!  Turns out, the owner can order pretty much whatever I want from the company, so I'm super excited to work with her once I get some free time!  (Try next summer!)  Anyway, I picked up the yarn above because I just couldn't resist the vibrant colors!  It's a nylon and cotton blend that is incredibly shiny and silky, so I'm excited to try something out with that too!

All in all, it was a wonderful shopping excursion... now if only I had time to weave!  I guess that's a little too much to hope for!  :)

Movie Update:  So, Thomas and I have seen a couple of movies lately, even though the pickings at the theater have been pretty slim...  So, a couple of weeks ago, we saw "Killer Elite", and it was ok.  A little slow moving for a Jason Statham movie; the action parts were good, but they were just few and far between.  Though, Clive Owen with a mustache is certainly a sight to see!  :)  Then, last weekend we saw "Real Steel", and we loved it!  It was funny, entertaining, action-packed, and heart-warming.  We definitely left the theater smiling!  Here are a couple of movies that we're looking forward to (you can check them out, watch trailers, and everything on www.imdb.com):
  • The Three Musketeers
  • Immortals
  • Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
  • Mission Impossible 3: Ghost Protocol
And last of all, I would like to end on a quote that I heard on NCIS yesterday afternoon.  It was said by Tony DiNozzo, and it was probably the best relationship advice you will ever get from his character.  He says it to his girlfriend, Jeanne, when she asks why he's waited so long to take their relationship to the next level (aka: sleeping together), and he tells her its because he's looking for something more in a relationship.  "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got." ~Tony DiNozzo from NCIS

1 comment:

  1. I recently bought some of the sugar cane yarn and love the feel of it! Not certain what to make with it at the moment!

    I would imagine it has similar properties to other cellulose fibers such as bamboo and tencel

    Nice blog!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete