Thursday, September 8, 2011

Florida Drivers Make Me Go ???!!!?!?!?!

Ok, really!  I don't get it!  So, here's the deal:  There's this road I drive on to get to work everyday.  The speed limit starts out at 45 mph, then it goes up to 55 for like 3 or 4 miles.  Then it goes back down to 45 for a mile or so, THEN it goes down to 35 for about half a mile where the road is really busy.  Then it goes back up to 45.  So, the point is... on the 55 mph section of several miles, NO ONE GOES 55!  I swear, every single person I drive behind wants to go between 40-45 mph on that entire, several mile section.  Then, they continue that all the way through the 45 mph section and the 35 mph section.  So, obviously they don't have a problem with speeding, because they're going sometimes 10 over the speed limit in the busiest part of town, but when the speed limit goes up, they don't adjust!  It is so incredibly maddening!!!  Is it that hard to just go the speed limit or 2-4 over at all times?!  I really don't think so.

Also, problem #2... Those said people will go WAY below the speed limit, however, when they come up to a red light that will be CLEARLY red by the time they get into the intersection, they just keep going.  No big deal.  Run a light that's red before you even get close to the intersection.  REALLY?!?!?!  What is up with these people?!  Because, they're obviously not in a hurry because they won't go over 40 miles per hour... but if there's a red light, they're suddenly needing to get through immediately!  It's so re-donc-ulous!  Drives me NUTS!

Anyway, tomorrow is Friday!  Thank goodness!  And it's test day in four out of my five classes, so hopefully I will get to sit down some... my poor feet are so tired!  And then... I volunteered to go on a field trip with the band on Saturday to a football game at FSU, to watch the marching band perform (I am the assistant marching director, so I figured it would be a little weird for me not to go).  However, this particular field trip begins at 2:30 AM on Saturday morning and ends at 3:00 AM on Sunday!  Hah!  What was I thinking?!  So, yikes!  Say a little prayer for Rachel this weekend... I'm gonna need it!  Have a happy Friday!  

Oh, btw:  Palm Bay is getting a Buffalo Wild Wings!!!!!!!!  My life will soon be complete with a fabulously delicious chicken wrap!!!  (Now we just need Imo's and Qdoba!  I'm really jonesing for some Imo's... and a homemade cinnamon roll... moving on.  ;))))

0 comments:

Post a Comment