Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Nom Noms

Soooo....  I have been in a horrible quandary the past couple of days.  It's been terrible.  I just don't know what to do.  You see, I have this constant decision to make, and its just so difficult to make the right choice.  You know, the kind of decision where you pro and con it, and then you STILL can't decide.  So, I guess I will share my options on here, and maybe you can help me solve this awful dilemma.  Should I...

Bake or Weave?

He he!  What a terrible life I have right now, right?!  That is my constant, ten times a day decision. So, I can tell you for sure that both win out!  In fact, I think the contest is probably pretty even right now.  Here are some of the finer factors:

Pros for Weaving / Cons for Baking -
  • I have an abundance of yarn, so I can weave about 84 projects before I have to spend any money!
  • I can always choose when to take a break.
  • Its extremely FUN!
  • I have a ton of projects on the brain.
  • Baking is making my beach body not so beach-y.
  • Baking usually takes a large chunk of time all at once.
  • I hate cleaning the kitchen every five minutes.
  • I need more ingredients for all the different pinterest recipes I want to try.
Pros for Baking / Cons for Weaving - 
  • Baking makes DELICIOUS goodies!
  • There are sooooo many recipes I want to try.
  • I'm gonna want dessert anyway, and its cheaper to make it than to go buy it somewhere.
  • Thomas benefits from my yummy treats.
  • For weaving, well, I can't really think of any cons.  :)
Anyway... its probably going to be a few days before you see a finished picture of the green/purple/copper scarf because it needs to be finished with the sewing machine.  And, I'm a little mad at my sewing machine right now, so its been banished to the closet!  However, I do have a new project warped on the loom.  (After a warping process that should have taken half an hour but instead took ONE and a half because I messed it all up.)   So, you'll see sneak peek pics of that soon.

And, on to the baking!  As I mentioned the other day, I made a whipped chocolate fondue dip and cinnamon chips for our bible study dessert party on Monday.  And it was delicious if I do say so myself!  The fondue was one of the easiest recipes I've ever made.  And the cinnamon chips, though more time consuming, were totally worth it!  Here's a pic of the finished dish.  Yum!

 And this morning, I whipped up a batch of cinnamon sugar bagels!  I haven't made these since we moved to Florida, and I've been missing them!  As you can tell from the picture, I still haven't mastered the shaping yet.  They always puff up into big balls rather than ending up looking like bagels!  Yummy!  I can't wait til breakfast.

So, now on to start that new weaving project!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment